Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fight Gone Bad's Cousin

Yesterday's workout was so hard. This was my 6th day in a row, which I decided I am not going to do anymore. My body is recovery well, partly because I'm eating better, and drinking less, but I felt beat up at the end of yesterday. (Hence why I could barely keep my eyes open at the UFC fight at Nate and Tina's).

Warmup
Ladder drill
Med ball around the building-12 lb with courtney

Skill
5 rounds
Windmill- 20/25/25/25/25
Pullups- 5/8/7/ switched to ring pullups because my hands hurt so much from yesterday, 7/7

WOD
4 rounds
Running, 1 minute at each station
Ball Slam- 16 lb
Row
Box Jump- 24in box, step ups
Db thrusters- 20lb

80/82/75/73

So I helped coach during the 1st three classes on Saturday, which means I watched people be subjected to this intense workout. Let's just say when it was my turn up to bat I thought I was going to throw up, and I'm being serious. I went out too hard the first round, and then on the 3rd and 4th round I thought I was going to throw up. Luckily I took some deep breaths and got past it. As much as I don't like this workout, it is very good mental conditioning for Fight Gone Bad. It is amazing what your body can do and your brain thinks it can't do. I think I laid on the floor for 10 minutes. This is also another reason why I am not going to work out 6 days in a row.

I would have gone home and taken a nap, but unfortunately I had plans. This resulted in me being very sleepy during the fight. Yes, I went to bed at 1030 last night, which is super early for me, but I needed. I'm feeling refreshed today and it is absolutely beautiful. I thought about running, but I need to truly have a rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment