Saturday, January 3, 2009

Fitness Blog/Log/Journal

I can't believe that it is already 2009...the time does fly. Anyways, 2008 was a great year and I think that 2009 will be an even better year. So it is the that time of year when everyone is making resolutions, and since I am a person who loves making checklists/to do lists, I think that creating resolutions, so that I can check them off, are right up my alley. (Plus, it is a suggestion from the trainers at Recreate Fitness.) One of the requirements/suggestions is to keep a training log/journal. Being a blogger, I found it only appropriate to have a fitness blog. So here it is...

Let's recap:
In 2008, I was fed up with not being able to maintain a workout regimen at my regular 24 hour fitness gym. I hired a trainer in Jan/Feb to help me get in better shape for my trip to Hawaii. It worked somewhat with crazh dieting, but then once I returned home I wasn't able to keep it going. This whole night shift schedule made it difficult. What to do, what do do. Then, I was introduced to this new gym called Recreate Fitness in the beginning of the year. I was very intimidated by it because these people were doing pullups, ring holds, handstands, and other crazy stuff. After awhile I gave into the pressure and actually gave the gym a try in April with my friend Cristina. I fell in love after day 1, even though it was super hard. The workouts reminded me of being an athlete in high school. The workouts were different everyday, which was also great for me (I get bored easily). Soon I was hooked on this crazy crossfit workout, and couldn't get enough.

Fast forward to the end of 2008 and I am pretty impressed with the strength and skills that I have gained. I could barely do a few pullups with the thickest band at the gym, and now I can do 19 kipping pullups. Deadlifting 130 lbs was the toughest thing, and my most recent max was 205. One of the happiest days for me was when I was able to do an actual benchmark workout prescribed. Also, I went through two days of training to become Crossfit certified, and well as a day and a half seminar for my Kettlebell certification.

All in all, I'm pretty happy. The only thing I would change is having done some body measurements (inches, weight, bodyfat) so that I would have a baseline to see how my body changed. Although I'm pretty sure I haven't lost any weight, and that is mainly because my diet could be better. This year is going to be different. I want a baseline to have an idea. I am going to get measured tomorrow, and know where I stand and then I will create some goals off of that.

So 2008 was great, and 2009 will be the year to shine (I know cheesy).

I'm going to include my resolutions in the next blog, as I am still tweaking them.

Thought I would include some pictures from the gym being as this is my fitness blog.

This picture was in the first few weeks of going to Recreate. I put it on because I am using the 15lb kettlebell. I can't remember the last time I used that.Cristina and I doing med ball around the block. It is not a good picture, but I think it represents how out of shape I was.
This is a recent picture of medball cleans. I feel that I have slimmed down some and gotten stronger, which I am happy. Now I just need to lose a few more pounds and I am set.

Time to get physical...

No comments:

Post a Comment