Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Gotta love those kettlebells

Today was a good day for me. I felt strong, although the cardio in the WOD was tough it still felt good.
Warmup-
band walk
monster walk
lunges
lots of animal exercises- bear, crab, frog, inchworm

Skill-
5 rounds
5 1 arm kb clean and press- 12kg/16kg/20kg/20kg/24kg x4 each arm
5 racked kb lunges each leg- 20lb/25lb/16kg
8 ring rows

So that last round of clean and press I just wanted to see if I could do the 24k x1. I suprised myself and was able to do 4 on each arm. I could feel that the 5th one would have probably resulted in a kettlebell crashing onto my head. Probably not a good thing.

WOD
30-20-10

Db thrusters- 20lbs
Swings- 16kg

Pushups- full pushups

11:30


There is a point during the 1st group of thrusters that I thought this workout wasn't going to end. I made it through the entire workout without putting the dumbells during each section, which was a goal I set beforehand. Again the pushups was my demise. I could only do 5 at a time the first set, and then after that it was sets of 2 or 3. That definitely was my demise again.


At the end of it I felt great. Definitely on the upswing.

So today is Megan's birthday and Cristina, Trevor, and myself went out to dinner at Jake's. I had the Flat Iron steak and it was absolutely delicious. Of course we had to have dessert. I sort of earned right? I did press 24kg overhead? I guess this must be why I can't lose the weight.

I had the peppermint chocolate cheesecake. It was very rich, and I wasn't able to finish all of it, which is probably okay. It was delicious.

Cristina had the warm chocolate cake with chocolate drizzle. It was also very delicious.




Megan's birthday cake. It was a flour free dense chocolate cake. IT was also very delicious. All in all a great day! Happy Birthday Megan!

No comments:

Post a Comment