Sunday, January 18, 2009

Friday Fun Day

So Friday was a play day at the gym...which was much needed. Does anyone else think it was a really tough week this week? I loved it, but definitely feeling it. Anyways, I went to the trainer workout on Friday, which are always fun because it is a great way for us to experiment with exercises to bring to class.

I got to try out the rope. I didn't get very far on the the regular rope, so I moved the knotted rope. I was able to actually make it to the top. So my little circuit was dumbell hang squat clean, climb rope, then transverse the bars. I did all three for 3 sets, and then just a 4th set of the db hang squat clean. My hands were pretty shot after all of that grip work.

DB hang squat clean x5- 20/25/30/35




Nathan then brought up the ever famous game of beam ball. We of course had to try it out. So Melissa and I teamed up against Nathan and Blake for a little competition. It was hard, but I loved it.
The next step was actually making it an exercise where you throw the ball to yourself. I loved it, and I think I was pretty good at it, must be from my earlier basketball days.

So Tina announced that there may be a beam ball tournament sometime soon. Any takers for being on my team? I'm thinking we could be Team Double B's...

Friday fun day was great...

No comments:

Post a Comment