Saturday, January 3, 2009

Resolutions 2009...

Time for those resolutions...

(Every client at Recreate was supposed to send a list of resolutions to Nate and Tina so they can keep a log. Some of mine were meant to be a joke, kind of. But once I really thought about them I should probably actually keep them).

1. Drink Less- I'll be honest. I like going out and getting drinks with friends. Especially in the last few months with the holidays and all I feel I have had my fair share of drinks. The reason I would like to drink less is because it is less calories, which will help in trying to lose weight.

2. Lose weight- I'm getting body measurements done tomorrow. I would like to lose 10 lbs and keep it off. This alone will be difficult for me, but I think I can do it, especially with my support.

3. Deadlift 1.5 times my bodyweight by June- This will be even more likely to be attainable if I lose those 10 pounds.

4. 25 kipping pullups by April- I'm at 19 and so 6 does not seem like much, but I know it is going to be very hard to get there. I have to work on adjusting my grip while doing my pullups.

5. 5 dead hang pullups by June- I have done 1 so far.

6. Sub 7:00 Fran- I did 7:30 last time.

7. 3-5 dips by June- I can do a few dips, but they are half dips. I'm going to have to break away from the band.

8. 500m row 1:45- I did 1:46.8 not too long ago. At the end of it I thought I was going to die, so taking off almost 2 more seconds is going to be very difficult.

9. Running- So I suck at running. And sometimes it is good to try and improve on those things which we are not good at. I am going to participate in a 5k four times this year, quarterly is the idea. Shamrock run is the first one.

10. Fight Gone Bad, 275- We will see how this one goes.

So those are my goals. The losing weight goal I know is very extensive and involves watching my diet. I'm going to start writing down what I eat, maybe even eventually putting it here on the website. I will do some calorie restriction, once I get an idea of where I stand in my calorie intake at this point. Cutting down on the alcohol will also help this, as well as making more meals from home.

So these are my goals for the first half of 2009.

Time to get physical....

No comments:

Post a Comment